Welcome to the Health/School Nurse Home Page for the Millersburg Area School District.
As the school year is coming to an end, there are several items to keep in mind for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
Any studnet entering 7th grade is required to have their first dose of the MCV or Meningococcal vaccine and one dose of the Tdap vaccine.
Any studnet entering 12th grade is required to have their second dose of the MCV or Meningococcal vaccine.
Any student entering 6th grade or 11th grade are required to have a physical. If you need a form, you may contact the school nurse or print the form from the Medication Forms/ Physical Forms/ Dental Forms/ Immunizations section.
Any studnet entering the 7th grade is required to have a dental exam. If you need a form, you may contact the school nurse or print the form from the Medication Forms/ Physical Forms/ Dental Forms/ Immunizations section.
My contact information:
phone: 717-692-2108 ext 3153
If your child is exhibiting any of the following signs/symptoms, please consider keeping them at home:
• fever of 100.0 or greater
° child must be fever-free, without the use of medications for 24 hours before returning to school
• Rash (unless classified as non-communicable by a doctor)
• Vomiting and/ or diarrhea
• excessive coughing
• migraine/severe headache not relieved by medication
This will allow for your child to heal quicker and also help to prevent the spread of germs
• Please notify the school nurse if your child develops a communicable disease or condition for example: head lice, impetigo, pink eye, ringworm, chicken pox, etc.
•Please keep all phone numbers, including home, work, cell, and emergency numbers, current with school office
• Please update the school nurse throughout the year with any new health updates and/or medicine changes
Required State Mandated Health Screenings:
Vision Screenings for all grade levels K-12
Hearing Screenings for grade levels K, 1, 2, 3, 7, & 11
Height and Weight Screenings for all grade levels K-12
Scoliosis Screenings for grade levels 6 & 7
Physical Exams for grades K, 6, & 11
Dental Exams for grades K, 3, and 7